You can do a nice and colourfull net using just plastic bottles! This is just one of the many ways you can reuse plastic bottles. This simple guide will teach you how to do it
What you will need
- 3 bottles of plastic of a different colour
- 5 packing ring
- 1 cutter blade without the grip
- 2 screws
- 1 ruler
- A small wooden table
Check the video and follow the instructions!
Make the cutting tool
- Open 2 holes on the wooden table
- Open 1 hole of the same size on the cutter blade
- Place 2 packing rings, one above the other, over one of the holes
- Then, put the cutter blade hole over the 2 packing rings.
- Put a screw through the hole until it gets the wood
- Put 2 more packing rings on the other hole and repeat previous procedure (this time you don’t need to make a hole in the blade)
- This time put another ring on top of the blade and then pass the screw until you get to the wood.
How to cut
- First, cut the bottles in two equal parts
- Then take the half bottle by the neck and introduce it on the side of the tool that has 3 rings.
- Following this, you should start rotating the bottle while pulling the plastic string that gets out of the bottle.
- Repeat the same process with every bottle
How to arrange the net
- Take the ruler and mark every 3cm
- Put the plastic in one corner of the ruler
- Hold the corner with a tong
- Then you have to zig zag the plastic string from one mark to another
- When you get to the end of the ruler, softly burn it without melting the plastic
- Take it out of the ruler
- Repeat the process with every string
- When every string is done, hold the two sides of one string with two tongs
- Finally, start netting the strings as the video shows until the desired size